Fri, Oct 20|
Adaptive Chair Yoga Workshop
An 8 hour workshop to learn the foundations of teaching chair yoga classes for older adults, injured people, and those living with disability.
Time & Location
Oct 20, 4:00 PM – Oct 21, 2:00 PM
Lehi, 2455 W Executive Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
About the event
8 Hour Adaptive Chair Yoga Workshop
Brick Canvas Loft
Friday, Oct 20, 2023 4-8PM & Saturday, Oct 21, 2023 10:00AM-2:00PM
Are you a yoga teacher, health care provider, therapist, caregiver, or otherwise lover of making movement accessible to all people? Come learn how to teach Adaptive Yoga with Abigail Atkinson!
Adaptive yoga supports people living with physical trauma, mobility impairment, different abilities, injuries, and older adults. While an adaptive yoga class looks physically different than a traditional class, the principles of yoga apply across the board. Join the community of teachers and caretakers who are creating an environment where yoga is inclusive of everyone! In this course you will gain confidence in:
- Adapting common yoga poses for different physical needs
- Understanding mobility exercises for walking stability + gait alignment
- How to use chairs and other helpful props to make yoga accessible
- Planning, sequencing and teaching an adaptive yoga class
- Creating a safe environment for adaptive yoga adjustments
As a stroke survivor, Abigail understands the frustration of losing and living with impaired physical abilities. She turned that frustration into learning how to adapt her personal yoga practice to support her recovery. This inspired her to spread the knowledge of adaptive yoga. Abigail is an E-RYT500 with almost 3000 teaching hours and 6 years experience teaching adaptive yoga. She received her adaptive yoga certification training under Matthew Sanford, the critically-acclaimed and leading pioneer of adaptive yoga. She also studied biomechanics from Katy Bowman of Nutritious Movement, and incorporates all of these elements in her style of adaptive yoga. All course participants will
- Experience adaptive yoga classes
- Receive a full color guidebook with photos
- Take away 3 adaptive yoga sequences premade for immediate use
- Practice with props, reference and teaching adaptive options
Yoga teachers who attend the course and complete course requirements receive 8 continuing education hours through Yoga Alliance.
- Sale ends: Oct 20, 2:00 PM